Full time • Nottingham, UK • 40 hour week • £19,000 - £23,000
For this role you should demonstrate a strong academic understanding of great written academic work and possess a solid comprehension of the academic process as a whole.
The role itself is incredibly varied, refreshingly different and highly rewarding. Successful applicants will spend the majority of their time performing in-depth quality assessment checks on academic work to ensure that it meets customers’ order requirements. As such, applicants should possess high attention to detail (particularly in regards to spelling and grammar) and an ability to provide impartial, constructive criticism. You should be able to demonstrate skills in critiquing academic work along with proficiency in problem solving and resolution.
- Following the quality assessment process to ensure that the quality of work produced for customers meets the required high standards.
- Communicating with researchers via the telephone and messaging system in order to deal with any issues and resolve any disagreements that may arise.
- Act as a point of contact for customers via the telephone and messaging system in order to ensure the smooth running of their orders.
- Maintain the database on a daily basis i.e. general house-keeping; for example, making sure all work is sent to customers, messages are answered and all amendments have been passed to researchers.
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree classification of 2.1 or higher is essential, with a strong academic aptitude.
- Qualifications in Law (e.g. LLB, LLM, LPC and BVC) or Business are essential.
- The ability to critically evaluate academic work. Training is provided; however, a strong academic background will assist considerably.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a positive problem solving outlook.
- Previous experience within education or customer services will be advantageous.
You'll enjoy a very competitive salary and be a part of our profit bonus scheme which initiates after one year of service. In addition, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits
- 40 days paid holiday per year (with increase of 1 day per year of service, up to 43 days).
- 30 minute paid break each day.
- Monthly performance-related bonuses after completion of a 6 month probationary period (up to £100).
- 3-Monthly profit-share bonus after 1 year service (up to £6,000 per annum)
- Accor childcare vouchers scheme.
- Bike scheme (50% towards cost).
- Eye tests paid for (and cost of basic glasses if they are for VDU use).
- Relaxed dress code.
- 50% paid towards gym membership.