Full time • Nottingham, UK • 40 hour week • £20,500
We are a leading academic support company that are currently looking for talented academic individuals to join our expanding Quality Control team. For this role you should demonstrate a strong understanding of written academic work and possess a solid comprehension of the academic process as a whole.
The role itself is refreshingly different and highly rewarding. Although successful applicants will benefit from a varied and diverse workload, we do have peak periods within which they will spend the majority of their time performing in-depth quality assessments on academic work to ensure that it meets customers' order requirements. As such, applicants should possess high attention to detail (particularly in regards to spelling and grammar) and an ability to provide impartial, constructive criticism. You should be able to demonstrate skills in critiquing academic work along with proficiency in problem solving and resolution.
- Following the quality assessment process to ensure that the quality of work produced for customers meets the required high standards.
- Communicating with researchers via the telephone and messaging system.
- Acting as a point of contact for customers via the messaging system in order to ensure the smooth running of their orders.
- Maintaining the database on a daily basis i.e. general house-keeping; for example, making sure all work is sent to customers, messages are answered and all amendments have been passed to researchers.
- Applicants will be expected to keep up-to-date with developments within their field of study.
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree classification of 2.1 or higher is essential, with a strong academic aptitude.
- A qualification in Law is essential.
- The ability to critically evaluate academic work. Training is provided; however, a strong academic background will assist considerably.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a positive problem solving outlook.
- Previous experience within education or customer services will be advantageous.
The position is 40 hours per week with paid overtime required during peak seasons.
The office is open Monday to Sunday, with weekends being worked on a pro rata basis meaning you will be required to work one weekend every 4 weeks.
You'll enjoy a very competitive salary, a generous holiday allowance and be a part of our profit bonus scheme, which initiates after your first year of service (starting at £2,000 and increasing to as much as £6,000 after three years of service). In addition, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits:
- 40 days paid holiday per year; equivalent to 8 working weeks (with an increase of 1 day per year of service, up to 43 days), and you get your birthday off!
- 30 minutes of paid break each day.
- Monthly performance-related bonuses after completion of a 6 month probationary period (up to £100).
- Regular social events.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Eye tests paid for (and cost of basic glasses if they are for VDU use).
- Relaxed dress code.
- 75% paid towards gym membership.