Front End Web Developer
Full time • Nottingham, UK • 40 hour week • £23,000 - £26,000
All Answers Ltd are recruiting for an exciting and challenging position as a Front End Web Developer within our communications team. We are seeking a developer with over one years’ experience in a commercial environment to join our expanding company.
As a Front End Developer, you’ll be responsible for working on front end design across our portfolio of websites and brands, including new and exciting projects on the horizon. Working closely with the rest of the communications team, the ideal candidate will bring a keen eye for design and innovation, with a strong client-first approach to the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a unique day to day environment with a real hands-on approach and gain a deep understanding of development across a broad scale. You’ll gain a breadth of experience whilst being supported by our senior developer and have the chance to improve and refine your development skills.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Execute the day to day developer workload across a number of websites.
- Support the SEO Team by making design changes to assist usability.
- Use GitHub to test and prepare releases through a series of controlled testing environments.
- Design new, or enhance existing pages, layouts and styles across a number of websites.
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the Communications Team Manager and the wider team.
To be successful in this position you will need some understanding and commercial experience with:
- REST APIs
- HTML5/CSS3 (sass), responsive design & cross-browser compatibility
- CSS frameworks like bootstrap/foundation
- Version Control (Git)
- Working in an Agile environment using collaboration techniques
- Build tools like gulp, grunt or webpack
You may also have experience with:
- Monitoring Tooling
- Caching and Content Delivery Networks
- Stakeholder Communication
- Cygwin & Vagrant
- PHP 7
- Unit & e2e testing
The position is full time - 40 hours per week. Typical hours are 8am-4pm, but this can be discussed.
You’ll enjoy a very competitive salary, a generous holiday allowance and be a part of our profit bonus scheme, which initiates after your first year of service (starting at £2,000 and increasing to as much as £6,000 after three years of service). In addition, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits:
- 40 days paid holiday per year; equivalent to 8 working weeks (with an increase of 1 day per year of service, up to 43 days), and you get your birthday off!
- 30 minutes of paid break each day.
- Monthly performance-related bonuses after completion of a 6-month probationary period (up to £100).
- Regular social events.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Eye tests paid for (and cost of basic glasses if they are for VDU use).
- Relaxed dress code.
- 75% paid towards gym membership.