Aftercare Educational Assistant
Full time • Nottingham, UK • 40 hour week • £20,500
We are a leading academic support company that are currently looking for talented academic individuals to join our expanding Aftercare team.
For this role, you should demonstrate a strong understanding of great written academic work and the academic process as a whole, but also an ability to solve problems, show initiative and negotiate between parties.
The role itself is incredibly varied, refreshingly different and rewarding when successful outcomes are found. Successful applicants will spend the majority of their time processing requests for changes or improvements to model academic work produced by freelance writers for the company.
As such, applicants will be working with the customer and academic writers to ensure that the work produced meets the order requirements.
Where there is disagreement, the successful applicant will need to discuss the issues with the customer and writer to find a fair and positive resolution or agreement as to how to proceed.
- Helping to process requests for changes or improvements to academic work between the customer and the researcher who completed it for them.
- Communicate via the telephone and message system with customers and researchers to deal with any issues that may arise and resolve any disagreements.
- Act as a point of contact for customers, via telephone and message system, in order to ensure the smooth running of their orders.
- Maintain the database on a daily basis i.e. general house-keeping (making sure all work is sent to their customers, messages are answered and all amendments have been passed to researchers).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree classification of 2.1 or higher is essential, with a strong academic aptitude.
- Qualification in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting or related subjects is necessary.
- The ability to critically evaluate academic work itself and assess the validity of any criticisms of it. Training is provided; however, a strong academic background will assist considerably.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a positive problem solving outlook and good negotiation/mediation skills.
- Previous experience within education and/or customer services will be advantageous.
The position is 40 hours per week, with paid overtime required during peak seasons.
The office is open Monday to Sunday, with weekends being worked on a pro rata basis meaning you will be required to work one weekend every 4 weeks.
You’ll enjoy a very competitive salary, a generous holiday allowance and be a part of our profit bonus scheme, which initiates after your first year of service (starting at £2,000 and increasing to as much as £6,000 after three years of service). In addition, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits:
- 40 days paid holiday per year; equivalent to 8 working weeks (with an increase of 1 day per year of service, up to 43 days), and you get your birthday off!
- 30 minutes of paid break each day.
- Monthly performance-related bonuses after completion of a 6 month probationary period (up to £100).
- Regular social events.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Eye tests paid for (and cost of basic glasses if they are for VDU use).
- Relaxed dress code.
- 75% paid towards gym membership.