Academic Aftercare Assistant
Full time • Nottingham, UK • 40 hour week • £19,000 - £23,000
The position is 40 hours per week with paid overtime required during peak seasons.
The office is open Monday-Friday 9am-9pm and Saturday/Sunday 10am-6pm. Weekends and late shifts are included on a rota basis (currently one late shift (1pm-9pm) per week and one weekend in 3 or 4).
For this role, you should demonstrate a strong understanding of great written academic work and the academic process as a whole, but also an ability to solve problems, show initiative and negotiate between parties.
The role itself is incredibly varied, refreshingly different and rewarding when successful outcomes are found. Successful applicants will spend the majority of their time processing requests from customers for changes or improvements to model academic work produced by freelance writers for the company. As such, applicants will be working and liaising with the customer and academic writers to ensure that the work produced meets the order requirements. Where there is disagreement, the successful applicant will need to discuss the issues with the customer and writer to find a fair and positive resolution or agreement as to how to proceed.
- Helping to process requests for changes or improvements to academic work between the customer and the researcher who completed it.
- Communicate via the telephone and message system with customers and researchers to deal with any issues that may arise and resolve any disagreements.
- Act as a point of contact for customers, via telephone and message system, in order to ensure the smooth running of their orders.
- Maintain the database on a daily basis i.e. general house-keeping (making sure all work is sent to their customers, messages are answered and all amendments have been passed to researchers)
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree classification of 2.1 or higher is essential, with a strong academic aptitude.
- Qualifications in Business, Management and Finance related subjects are highly desirable but other subject specialties are required too for multiple positions available.
- The ability to critically evaluate academic work and assess the validity of any criticisms of it. Training is provided; however, a strong academic background will assist considerably.
- Excellent telephone manner, with a positive problem solving outlook and good negotiation/mediation skills.
- Previous experience within education or customer services will be advantageous, but not essential.
You’ll enjoy a very competitive salary and be a part of their profit bonus scheme which initiates after one year of service. In addition, they offer a comprehensive selection of benefits
- 40 days paid holiday per year (with increase of 1 day per year of service, up to 43 days).
- 30 minute paid break each day.
- Monthly performance-related bonuses after completion of a 6 month probationary period (up to £100).
- 3-Monthly profit-share bonus after 1 year service (up to £6,000 per annum)
- Accor childcare vouchers scheme.
- Bike scheme (50% towards cost).
- Eye tests paid for (and cost of basic glasses if they are for VDU use).
- Relaxed dress code.
- 50% paid towards gym membership.
Send your CV to [email protected]